Chippewa United Methodist Church

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

LENT I WEEKEND WORSHIP.....FEBRUARY 21ST & 22ND

LENT I WEEKEND WORSHIP....FEBRUARY 21ST & 22ND .......

CELEBRATING WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A DISCIPLE OF JESUS CHRIST..

This weekend began last year in Atlanta Georgia at Mt. Pisgah UMC when I attended the UMC Large Church Initiative..
Chip Ingram came out and share with us 900 who were there why we the UMC is not growing, not enlarging our territory, lacking in stewardship...
Why?
We are not making Disciples...
Why?
Because we do not know what a disciple is?

Well...after my 3 days there..
I was reminded..

I came back and in the CUMC Leadership Summit held in May with our Staff and Leaders...I challenged them to join me for study in the fall.
52 Leaders shared with me in a study "True Spirituality: What is a Disciple?

Guess what...
we are getting it..

So this Lent:
2 things
#1...Join the study now open to the whole church
#2...Join us in worship as we share about what a disciple is.

THIS FIRST WEEKEND....
Romans 12..
True Spirituality:What Does It Mean to Be a Disciple of Jesus Christ...

Come and  join us..

Discipleship blessings
Lenten blessings
Stay Faithful and Finish Well,
Your Pastor & Friend
PR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home