Chippewa United Methodist Church

Sunday, January 19, 2014

WEEEKEND WORSHIP.....JANUARY 25TH & 26TH...EPIPHANY III

WEEKEND WORSHIP.....JANUARY 25TH & 26TH EPIPHANY III
    Message: Epiphany Hope: Hope Beyond our Trials"

January 22nd has always been a day that has haunted my heart..
January 22 1992 my dad and mom were in a car accident and this took the life of my dad and put my mom in the hospital and rehab for the next 3 months.
I was coach Middle School Basketball at Kane and had to give up the duty due to the need to be with my mom and help with all the details of the accident, funeral for my dad, follow up and then helping with my mom with her return to home.
January 22nd, 1996 four years later now the Varsity Boys Basketball Coach at Kane I had a group of seniors who were with me when they were in 8th grade as Middle School players. We were playing Dubois Central Catholic at their small gym. As we had our pre-game meeting and a time of prayer...one of the players said...Coach...we remember January 22nd tonight we will win this one to honor the remembrance of your dad....WOW!!! talk about an emotional moment for me....Well, the team did just that...went out and played their hearts our and won it for the remembrance of my dad "Smittty"Smith....
Well this week coming up is January, 22nd   I will be missing the week of basketball and being at the church...for on Wednesday January 22nd our 2nd grandchild will be born. Our Daughter in law Colleen and son Paul are having a C-Section and we will be surprised to see if it is another grandaughter or grandson.
January 22...well, yes I will carrying with me the haunting of January 1992 but a new grand child to be born on January 22nd 2014..
God has a way of bring healing to our dark moments..
God has a way of bring joy to the time of sadness.
God has the first and believe me always the last Word..
I am a waiting God's last word on this one..
Epiphany blessings
PR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home